Butter Orange Cookies
In our household cookies are spelt with a capital ” K”. It all started with my love for a particular Calcutta bakery called Kookie Jar during my growing up years. Kookie Jar introduced me and many fellow Calcuttans to the outstanding world of desserts beyond cakes, be it the delicious tarts or the short crust pastries. Such was my admiration that we fondly call our first-born “Kookie” at home. And as the name suggests, what a dessert loving princess she is growing up to be! She is the inspiration behind anything sweet coming out of my kitchen.
Coming back to this post. This is a quick and easy recipe of cookies. I am an intuition based cook so measurement is not my thing but in baking measurement matters, so this recipe does comes with measurements. I often bake these while I want to carry a small token to a friend’s house or when my kids get tired of the mundane biscuits and wants something homemade and different.These are super quick to make and has been a big hit in our household.
- 1 cup refined flour ( for a healthier version I try to use whole wheat sometimes)
- 6 tbsp of melted butter ( I use white butter or margarine)
- 1/4 cup of castor sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp of orange juice
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Sift together flour and baking powder
- Cream butter with sugar
- Add orange juice and vanilla essence
- Add flour and baking powder to the mix and knead a soft dough
- Make small balls with hand, flatten them and press down with a fork for the impression. You can even use the cookie cutter or leave it just round
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet
- Place the balls one inch apart
- Place it in a per-heated oven @ 160 c
- Bake for 20 mins @ 160 c
- Cool the baking tray inside the oven for 5 mins
- Cool it in a wire rack
Your cookies are ready to accompany your evening tea or coffee!!!