In our early days in Mumbai, we got introduced to this magical wine cocktail called “Sangria” in one of those sea facing South Mumbai cafe. Till today, it remains one of our favourite cocktail. Being wine lovers, when the husband and I want to have a cocktail this tops our chart. Over the years I have tried many varieties but the recipe below stuck a chord.
Sangria technically is a Spanish cold drink made of red or white wine mixed with brandy, sugar, fruit juice, and soda water. What you see here is slighty twisted my version. As with everything else in my cocktails too I prefer to use easily available ingredients and taste are never compromised.
- 1 l Red Wine
- 600 ml Cranberry Juice
- 1 Large Apple (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 large Pomegranate (peeled)
- 250 ml soda
- 100 ml lemonade or any citrus concentrate
- 2 tsp of lemon zest
- Add chopped fruits and juice and wine in a tumbler, mix it and refrigerate overnight or for 6 to 7 hours at the minimum
- Just before serving add lemonade and zest and give it a vigorous stir
- Add soda to top up if you like a frizz in your drink or else skip it
Voila you are done!!