Prawns as I said before are my personal favourite. With prawns in menu I can forbid all the calorie count and the weighing scale.
This is a classic Prawn starter and has been a star attraction in some of the renowned eateries of Kolkata (Park Street). I have very fond memories of these restaurants and in many of my dishes I have tried to recreate some of those magic.
In Prawn cocktails sauces plays a very important role and the name itself came from the cocktail of sauces that we goes in making them. This is usually served in cocktail glass.
This is a very simple recipe but really luscious and I can guarantee you this will please all your sea food lover guest.
- 250 grams de-veined medium prawns. I have used the frozen ones
- lettuce leaves
- 2 lime juices. We would need about 2 to 3 tsp
- Lime wedges for decoration
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 6 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of tomato sauce
- Tobasco sauce as per taste
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a wok toss the prawn in olive oil until it turns pink
- In a bowl whisk mayonnaise, add other sauces, lime juice and mix together
- Add salt, pepper, and tobasco as per taste
- Dice the prawn in pieces leaving few intact for garnishing
- Add the prawn in the mayo mix
- Add mixed herbs
- Shred the lettuce finely, and toss together
- Place the lettuce first in a bowl
- Spoon the Prawn mixture and place it in the bowl
- Garnish with a whole prawn and lemon wedges
And here you go! to impress your guests