Another signature childhood favourite. At our place people love all kind of kababs, this non-spicy variant is particularly popular with the kids. My 3 years old can finish 4/5 pieces of these kababs in a jiffy. I generally serve chicken reshmi kabab with light stir fry vegetables and mint coriander chutney (dip).
Like all kababs, marinate is the key here too and I prefer to marinate them for at least 6 hours prior. This helps to impart flavour in the chicken and also makes it tender, tasty and juicy.You may opt to keep the marinatedchicken overnight in a refrigerator. There are essential ingredients which are important for every marinate.For chicken white wine is widely used. However since it’s a kid friendly menu, I avoid wine marinate. For me homemade curd is sufficient.
The other essential about marinate is the oil and spices. I avoid oil mostly but if I use oil it’s generally olive oil. However any vegetable oil can be a good substitute.
This is an extremely easy recipe and can be made very easily at home.
- 500 grams of boneless chicken breast cubes ( I prefer to use the breast pieces for their tenderness, mixed boneless cubes should be equally good)
- 5 raw cashew ( unsalted )
- 5 almonds
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped coriander for garnishing
- 1/2tTbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper as per taste
- 1/2 tsp of red chili powder (optional. I skip this as kids at home are sensitive)
- Rinse the chicken pieces in running water
- Soak almonds in water till the skin can be removed
- Blend the curd, ginger-garlic paste, cream, salt, lemon juice, cashew,almond and spices very well
- Add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil in yogurt mixture and marinate pieces of chicken with it
- Coat all the chicken pieces very well
- Put the marinate in a zip lock bag and place the chicken inside
- Marinate for 6 hours
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 C degrees for 1 5 minutes
- Thread the chicken pieces into wooden skewers and place in the oven
- Grill for about 30 minutes until chicken tenders and becomes juicy
- You may want to change the side half way to your cooking
And you juicy Reshmi Kababs are ready to be served!